IFIP – International Federation for Information Processing
Formally IFIP is a non-governmental, non-profit umbrella organization for national societies working in the field of information processing. It was established in 1960 under the auspices of UNESCO as a result of the first World Computer Congress held in Paris in 1959.
- is the leading multinational, apolitical organization in Information & Communications Technologies and Sciences
- is recognized by United Nations and other world bodies
- has a formal consultative partnership relation with UNESCO
- represents IT Societies from 56 countries or regions, covering all 5 continents with a total membership of over half a million
- links more than 3500 scientists from Academia and Industry, organized in more than 101 Working Groups reporting to 13 Technical Committees
- sponsors 100 conferences yearly providing unparalleled coverage from theoretical informatics to the relationship between informatics and society including hardware and software technologies, and networked information systems
Many IFIP conferences and events generate proceedings published by the IFIP publisher. Annually, some 30 to 40 IFIP books are published with more than 15,000 pages of valuable information. The IFIP Library contains more than 500 books, many of them currently sold by IFIP’s publisher and by other book stores, e.g. Amazon.com (search for „IFIP“). Among these publications is the IFIP TC3 Journal: Education and Information Technologies (published by Springer).
IFIP Technical Committee 3: Education
IFIP is structured in Technical committees (TC). TC3 is responsible for all aspects related to education.
Chairman: Mr. Sindre RØSVIK, NO
The work of TC3 Education in mainly done in Working Groups:
- WG 3.1: Informatics and digital technologies in School Education
- WG 3.3: Research into Educational Applications of Information Technologies
- WG 3.4: Professional and Vocational Education in ICT
- WG 3.7: Information Technology in Educational Management
At SUZE 2019 you can learn more about the value of IFIP, its work and networks. It is possible to join the working groups by contributing to their work; by presenting papers at our conferences. Send your paper to SUZA 2019!
TC3 issues the scientific journal “Education and Information Technologies” by Springer six times a year. There is a print (ISSN: 1360-2357) and an electronic (ISSN: 1573-7608) version of the Journal available. For information on subscription and rates please contact Springer Customer Service – email@example.com. Selected papers of SUZA 2019 will be publishes in a special issue of the journal.
Editor-in-chief: Arthur Tatnall, AU